Thursday, September 04, 2008

Cafe Hayek

There was a time when I did not read Cafe Hayek. I guess I did not find the subtle jokes that funny. Or maybe I was just not mature enough to get it. Well, that is no longer the case. Now I wake up every morning and--rather than waste my time with the headlines--skip right to the letters section featuring Don Boudreaux (No subscription needed!). Today's gem is entitled "Sex Is Pleasurable, Studies Show":
Yahoo! News

Dear Sir or Madam:

The headline of one of your reports today (Sept. 4) from the Associated Press reads "Sarah Palin and her fellow RNC speakers weren't completely truthful at times." Wow.

Why not also run a report with the headline "Law of Gravity Still Working," or one screaming "Julius Caesar Remains Dead!"? Deceitful politicians are as newsworthy as ants at a picnic - although much more avaricious and annoying.

Sincerely,
Donald J. Boudreaux

No comments: