Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Rent Movie Seeking

On Monday, I posted about Michigan's Film Tax Credits. Well, Mike Binder disagrees.
For Michigan to turn away from its newly enacted tax credit for film making would, quite simply, be one of the most sorrowful, spiritless, wrongheaded things a state government could possibly do.

This new law is just a few months old and already some of the legislators who voted for it are talking about repealing it or capping the tax breaks. That says more about the lawmaker than the law. Either they didn't understand what they were doing or don't have enough faith in their decision to stand behind it and let it work.
But I think this is probably the most telling part of his argument...
As some know, my brother Jack and I are filmmakers who grew up in Michigan. I personally advocated for this bill with Gov. Jennifer Granholm and the Legislature.

No comments: