Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Back in the USSR



McCartney, in a 1984 interview with Playboy, states:
I wrote that as a kind of Beach Boys parody. And 'Back in the USA' was a Chuck Berry song, so it kinda took off from there. I just liked the idea of Georgia girls and talking about places like the Ukraine as if they were California, you know? It was also hands across the water, which I'm still conscious of. 'Cuz they like us out there, even though the bosses in the Kremlin may not. The kids do. And that to me is very important for the future of the race.
Even though the bosses in the Kremlin may not.

I think it is important to remember how invasive the state can become. The Swing Kids movement is another good example of this. It is equally important, IMHO, to do everything in our power to prevent this from happening.

No comments: